Introduction of EvenStorming Master Class
EventStorming is a workshop format created by Alberto Brandolini that encourages collaboration between diverse professions in order to address business challenges as efficiently as possible. EventStorming allows for huge learning in complicated business domains while also encouraging collaboration across disciplines and organizations.
About This Event
Date – 11 May / 12 May
Day – Wednesday / Thursday
Time – 11 May 2022, 09:30 – 12 May 2022, 17:30 CEST
Location – Copernico Blend Tower Piazza 4 Novembre, 7, 20124 Milan
EventStorming is interdisciplinary in nature. The specialistic notation is abandoned in favour of a gradual lo-fi approach that allows for a more inclusive investigation while focusing on the most sensitive parts. Every participant will make a significant contribution.
- Day 1’s agenda – Using EventStorming as a tool for discovery
- Let’s get started: where are we now and where do we want to go?
- Also, the Big Picture in Real Life Mastering complexity and unknowns in large-scale modelling using EventStorming
- Managing disagreements, identifying risks, and identifying challenges that are truly worth solving
- The toolset of the facilitator revealed
- Improving our process by investigating the motivations of various actors
- The point of view of a change agent: why it’ll be difficult even when progress is visible, and how to deal with stalemates
- Working with startups vs. working with large corporations
- EventStorming as a problem-solving platform
- ModelStorming is the process of modelling everything without knowing what you’re doing (and yet delivering amazing insights).
- Day 2 – Designing a system with EventStorming
- From EventStorming to Bounded Contexts, Emerging System Boundaries
- Modeling of Processes EventStorming is a collaborative modelling platform that spans disciplines.
- Also, a unique perspective on software development: the all-encompassing image
- Clearly stating policies. Getting to the bottom of business behavior’s hidden truths
- Value-based design: implicit and explicit motivators
- EventStorming in Software Design: Identifying Key Software Components
- Transactional consistency and aggregates: In a huge system, there are many moving pieces that are independent of one another.
- Also, change the game’s rules to design around the bottleneck.
- Bringing User Experiences Together Incorporating Design and Service Design into Software Development
- Activating a bullet-proof design that is apparent in its current state
- The deception of the deal
- When should you choose for a more advanced design?
What you’ll discover?
In this two-day EventStorming Master Class with Alberto Brandolini, we’ll practise three different flavours (Big Picture, Process Modelling, and Software Design) applied to real-world business situations.
So to use collaborative design, we’ll consider different perspectives (including the facilitator) in a large-scale discovery process. We’ll see how it works and talk about why it works.
Covid-19 F.A.Q. Emergency Information – Please Read Carefully
We aim to notify all participants as soon as possible about any changes to the possibility of hosting the in-person workshop (for example, if hosting the workshop in-person becomes difficult and dangerous due to the current COVID pandemic), and in any case no later than 20 days prior to the workshop dates, as stated in our T&Cs.
This will be dependent on the Italian government’s decisions at a national level, and we’ll have to act based on the most up-to-date information available in terms of in-person meetings, events, and so on.
We will provide a full refund if we are unable to host the workshop owing to new and unforeseen COVID-19 constraints.
If you require any additional assistance, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are you doing to promote a safe learning environment with COVID-19?
Following the National and local guidelines, we and the staff at the venue are working diligently to implement the necessary steps to avoid the spread of COVID-19.
Furthermore, we believe that a fantastic learning experience can only occur. So if all parties involved (trainer, participants, organisers, and so on) feel safe.
For further information, visit the venue page, and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Is the EventStorming Remote Modeling Workshop a good substitute?
When the Big Picture is viewed from a distance, it is also less effective. The EventStorming Remote Modelling course will teach you how to facilitate and create online workshops. Also, whilst the EventStorming Master Class will educate you how to run an in-person EventStorming session. Is there anything I should know before enrolling in this Master Class?
It is not necessary to have any prior knowledge with EventStorming. You are, however, invited to visit the EventStorming website.
Do I Really Need My Laptop?
No, you will not require a laptop to participate in this course. Will there be any learning resources to take home with me after the Master Class? Yes, you will be given some booklets and other learning materials to take home with you.
Note that the Master Class will be confirmed after a minimum number of participants has been reached. No later than one month prior to the workshop date. Also, all registered participants will be contacted by email. The Master Class is all about. The workshop will be conducted in English.
Copernico Blend Tower is located at Piazza 4 Novembre, 7, 20124, Milan (1-minute walk from Milano Centrale Train Station). Check visit the Frequently Asked Questions area on your laptop.
The dress code is casual. This is a highly participatory class in which you will spend the most of your time interacting with Alberto Brandolini and other attendees. We also encourage that you wear comfortable shoes because standing time versus sitting time is in your favour! 🙂
Coffee breaks and lunch with the trainer and other attendees are included in the ticket price. Because networking is important.
The dress code is casual. This is a highly participatory class in which you will spend the most of your time interacting with Alberto Brandolini and other attendees. We also encourage that you wear comfortable shoes because standing time versus sitting time is in your favour!
What is the best way to get to Milan?
Fly into one of these three airports to reach Milano Centrale: Linate, Malpensa, or Bergamo Orio al Serio. Check out the Copernico Blend Tower page to get everything figured out. With lots of useful information on where to stay, how to get there, where to find the training facility, and more.
The Techniques quadrant of the ThoughtWorks Technology Radar 2018 includes EventStorming as one of the techniques you should “Adopt”! Check out the latest Technology Radar from ThoughtWorks.
In the Domain-Driven Design community, it’s the de-facto standard for investigating and developing complicated interactions.
It has helped a wide spectrum of businesses, from online marketplaces to financial and trading institutions, and from tiny businesses to major corporations.
Discount for Under Cover Learners. Also, SAVE 20% If you’re paying for your ticket out of pocket and don’t have a VAT number, you can get a 20% discount on all tickets and ticket levels!
How? Simply enter the Under Cover Learner promotional code in the Eventbrite registration section. .